Mainstream Vs. Independent


Image result

Honestly, I would prefer independent media products than mainstream media products. This is not really not to be rude, but I think mainstream media products just get all the love and attention because of biases in the people part of it and not because of really good quality productions. Another reason why I like independent media products also is because they have a huge variety, not like in mainstream media where most, if not all, of the stories there are almost similar to each one. I don't really "go against the flow" when it comes to media that I like, because there are things in mainstream media also that catch my eye, but I think it's pretty unfair for mainstream companies to have the fame, bias, and other advantages that they have and neglect independent production companies. It's not just. In media, I take note if the source of is mainstream or indie, because it sets my expectations. Indie media is usually what gets me, and I lean toward this direction more because it has never failed to entertain and impress me. I think people should not really mind where their media is coming from, but rather, the content. We all have different preferences in media, so if you like something different than other people, there is nothing really wrong with that. Like what they say: You do you.



Comments

Popular Posts